I love this photo so much and remember it so well it was my first trip on a Thai train. OMG jammers would be an understatement.
Me & the other girls, I was travelling with were a little bit scared of the long journey ahead it was about an 8 hour ride the heat was unbelievable & our first time doing it.
I remember sleeping with my bag at my side with a lock on it because everyone told us, don’t fall asleep, you’ll be robbed. This didn’t work for me I love sleep too much so the lock worked for me 🙂
All in all the journey was fine, we didn’t get robbed & it was great experience. We were like celebrities on the train people kept coming up & looking at us they were fascinated by us. It was so funny. When travelling, dont let what people tell you put you off, instead embrace every moment with curiousty. If I hadn’t got on the train I would have got this picture.
Experience is the teacher of all things.
This is one of the first photos I tool while travelling Canada. Myself & my sister landed in Montreal, at night time, so there was not a lot to see in the dark
The next day when we went out sightseeing this was one of my first photos, I couldn’t believe the pretty colours everywhere from the maples.
This was taken at Old Port, Montreal it was one of my favourite place in Canada. Although, it was very busy it was still so peaceful. There are so many photo opportunities in the area.
Make sure if you ever visit Canada to visit Montreal.
Understanding how to, organise everything by yourself is essential when, before & while travelling. Not only will it save you enormous amounts of cash that you could be enjoying you will learn so much about you & what you are capable of.
When I first decided to get to OZ, it was kind of a last-minute decision. Not sure of what to way to do everything, I started to research everything myself. People were telling me about all these companies who do everything for you. The problem with them is the final price is scandalous.
Don’t be scared to do it all yourself, it’s not hard, just a small bit time-consuming which is worth it in the end really.
↓↓↓ I’m going to try make it as simple as possible ↓↓↓
- Everything you need regarding OZ is here. Research the website & figure out what you need. The visa options are different for all visitors & purposes.
- Any income in Australia will require a Tax File Number apply here
- Bank Account I used this but there are so many more
- All the info you need on lodging you tax return. Do it yourself don’t pay the companies
- Book flight well in advance & shop around
- Make sure you have travel insurance. Yes its very expensive but it’s so important
- Accommodation can be very expensive & will rack up fast this is a link for hostels but search for house shares or something more permanent
Regarding the phone & network you need at some point after you arrive, go around the different companies they all offer something different.
That’s the most basic of what you will need regarless of where you are from for backpacking purposes. Go with the flow & take each day as it comes. Most importantly, don’t stress, have fun 🙂