Understanding how to, organise everything by yourself is essential when, before & while travelling. Not only will it save you enormous amounts of cash that you could be enjoying you will learn so much about you & what you are capable of.
When I first decided to get to OZ, it was kind of a last-minute decision. Not sure of what to way to do everything, I started to research everything myself. People were telling me about all these companies who do everything for you. The problem with them is the final price is scandalous.
Don’t be scared to do it all yourself, it’s not hard, just a small bit time-consuming which is worth it in the end really.
↓↓↓ I’m going to try make it as simple as possible ↓↓↓
- Everything you need regarding OZ is here. Research the website & figure out what you need. The visa options are different for all visitors & purposes.
- Any income in Australia will require a Tax File Number apply here
- Bank Account I used this but there are so many more
- All the info you need on lodging you tax return. Do it yourself don’t pay the companies
- Book flight well in advance & shop around
- Make sure you have travel insurance. Yes its very expensive but it’s so important
- Accommodation can be very expensive & will rack up fast this is a link for hostels but search for house shares or something more permanent
Regarding the phone & network you need at some point after you arrive, go around the different companies they all offer something different.
That’s the most basic of what you will need regarless of where you are from for backpacking purposes. Go with the flow & take each day as it comes. Most importantly, don’t stress, have fun 🙂